Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Research...skydiving style:)

Image result for one room schoolhouse
So...back to school.
Those three little words that create excitement for some, terror for others.
I'm a teacher, and I fit into both categories. I love the students, well, most of them, and I love to teach, well, most of the time, but I can't write as much during the school year, so that 's a major minus in my book of pros and cons.

Still, the summer has been great, and I had written a sky diving scene into one of my books, a year ago, and I'm in the editing process now, so - call it research - I went skydiving, and the scene is so much better now, and I literally felt the jump all over again as I wrote the scene.

Now, that doesn't mean I'd want to live out every scene in all my books, but wow, this research and living it up was very cool. I can't wait to do it again. I'm fifty, and my kids want to go with me. It's on their bucket lists. It was never one mine. I just went with my cousin one day to pick up her boyfriend that works and the airfield/sky diving business, and ...the next thing I knew was in an air plane, a perfectly good one, and jumping out of it.

So, if you gotta research, go for it, like I did...:)
Picture

http://rebeccadraco.com/

No comments: