I’m so excited to be on your blog, Rebecca. Thank you for having me!
Sleeping with Santa is my first published book! It’s a contemporary Christmas romance, coming out December 3, 2014, from The Wild Rose Press, and I think women from 21 to 101 will love it. (P.S. Hubbies and Boyfriends: It’s the kind of story that makes a good stocking stuffer! *wink wink*)
In a nutshell, the Hero is stuck playing Santa Claus and uses it to his advantage to win the Heroine’s heart. There’s a lot more to their relationship, of course. Visit my website for more information ~ www.debradruzy.com
Here are five fun facts about my experience writing Sleeping with Santa.
1. November 2012, my sister and I conjured up a story about a redheaded heroine ~ because my sister’s a redhead. We modeled the hero after Joe Manganiello ~ because he’s super-sexy! “What’s the hottest thing you can do at Christmastime?” I asked her. “Sleep with Santa,” my sister said. And that’s how the story evolved.
2. My parents thought I was writing the next Harry Potter. I never mentioned the title because I was embarrassed ~ they are my parents after all! I finally told them when the publisher gave me the release date a few weeks ago.
3. The fictitious town of Scenic View is based on Port Jefferson Village, which is on Long Island, in New York.
4. The idea for the CPR-scene came after I took a CPR-class ~ except the book-version is a whole helluva lot more interesting.
5. The lingerie shop in the story is called Violet’s Valise ~ named after my Grandma Violet who always brought her valise whenever she came to visit.
I hope everyone enjoys reading Sleeping with Santa as much as I enjoyed writing it! My current work in progress takes place in the same town with some spin-off characters. If you’d like to find me online, start here >>http://debradruzy.wordpress.com/debras-links/