Saturday, December 2, 2017

An Author's Brain on Overload


I’ve heard several comments about some authors who sit staring blankly at the keyboard wondering what to do next. I don’t think that problem applies to me.

I’m currently waiting to hear from my publisher about two pieces they may pick up. If so, long stretches of editing awaits. Meanwhile, I’m waiting on another publisher to launch the third book in a trilogy that was supposed to come out in July 2017. I should be busy promoting it.

While all this is going on, I have been burning up the keyboard. I’ve started two new projects although I’m trying to finish one before I go back to the other, a sequel to a novel sitting in submissions. I’m whipping through the draft of a tenth novella in the Housetrap Chronicles fantasy detective series. You have to strike while the idea is hot. This one can’t miss, the author optimistically thinks.

But while all this is going on, I’m being flooded with new ideas. I’m scribbling down notes on a final to a trilogy where the first volume hasn’t even been officially accepted yet. Worse, I’m doing outlines of two more tales in the Housetrap Chronicles series. I think I’ve got projects lined up until at least 2019.

I guess this is what happens when you sell the sailboat and are informed about how much work there is to be done in the garden. Good thing the snow is already here. Now, if I could only get the cat to adjust to standard time. I really don’t need to get up that early to keep my writing on some kind of schedule.

R.J.Hore
www.facebook.com/RonaldJHore

The Dark Lady Trilogy (Volume 1,2,3)
The Queen’s Pawn (Volume 1,2,3)
The Housetrap Chronicles (Volumes 1 to 8)
Alex in Wanderland,
Knight’s Bridge
We’re Not in Kansas
Toltec Dawn Trilogy (Volume 1, 2, 3

No comments: