Saturday, November 22, 2014

Welcome Guest Blogger Ronald Hore

Ronald Hore
www.ronaldhore.com
www.facebook.com/RonaldJHore


Back cover blurbs:
The full length novels:

High Fantasy

The Dark Lady Series:
Book One - Available in Print or eBook
The Dark Lady: "Young Princess Nefasti wakes to discover her father, the King, poisoned and her mother near death. The sole heiress to the ancient high kingdom of Vadio, the king's three brothers begin to plot and quarrel over who will become Regent and control the kingdom until she comes of age, or dies. Their solution is to marry her off, or kill her. If this trio were not enough of a problem, the greedy surrounding kingdoms all want to gobble Vadio up, and their ambassadors scurry through the castle plotting and scheming.
Book Two - Dark Days - Available in Print or eBook
Book Three - Dark Knights - Available in eBook

The Queen's Pawn   - Available in Print or eBook

On his way to study for the priesthood, Harow is mistaken for a bold and infamous duke. Instead of study, he finds himself thrust into action to rescue a beautiful queen and her spoiled daughter, as they flee the city. Now, a rebel army is hot on their heels and Harow must keep his wits about him as he leads the small group of survivors to safety.
(A stand-alone novel, but I'm working on extending it into a trilogy.)

The urban(?) fantasy detective series of novellas.

The Housetrap Chronicles - Volume 1 - Collection Available in Print. Individual Novellas Available as ebooks.
What happens when you dare pass through the warped door of Randolf C. Aloysius, Private Eye? You enter the fantasy world of the Housetrap Chronicles, where anything can happen, and usually does. Here are three stories from Randy's well-worn case files:

Housetrap: a missing boyfriend, and elf on the run and Martian Vampires. What is a private eye to do?

Dial M for Mudder: Locate a missing statue in the dismal swamps of Venus! No problem? Just assemble an expedition with a curvaceous assassin, a senior citizen, and a teenage guide.
 House on Hollow Hill: What could be simpler, simply attend a high-fashion weekend in the country with your half-banshee secretary while posing as another couple, and keep a close eye on the erratic host? Why? Because someone is planning to murder him.
Also in the same series, as eBooks only...

Hounds of Basalt Ville:
Murder in the Rouge Mort:
The Treasure of the Sarah Madder:
There is also the stand-alone, high fantasy mayhem (slightly Game of Thrones?) and mildly romance novella: Knight's Bridge (eBook)

When did I start writing?

I started writing about 30 or 40 years ago, but work kept getting in the way of following up on manuscripts and doing the marketing thing with publishers. The last 15 years of my day job life included a lot of non-fiction writing. Then about ten years ago, I got serious about my fiction. Won a short story contest, appeared in an anthology put out by a writer's group, and in a major vampire collection. My first novel was published by Champagne in 2012.  
Why do I continue to write?
I want to find out how the story ends.
What do I find most difficult about writing?
Never a problem with coming up with a story. Never faced writer's block. Time is always an issue. I can be distracted. My biggest problem is on the marketing side. I enjoy being on writer's panels, don't mind manning a book table at a Comic Con, feel like an absolute dud when it comes to social media.
What is your writing process?
I'm pretty much a pantser. I seldom do much in the way of plotting or outlining in advance of the actual writing. I make my notes as I create. (Good notes are important, especially if you end up writing a series!)  An example of my ultimate in pantsing is the Housetrap Chronicles. For the first six tales in the series, I came up with the (silly) title first, and then sat down to write a story that would fit the title.
What am I up to now?
Currently I'm wrapping up the editing on a stand-alone novel coming out in March 2015, "Alex in Wanderland," about a bickering modern married couple swept away into an alternative medieval universe. Also working on the sequel to The Queen's Pawn. Hope to have the first draft finished by year end. I came up with a complicated idea for a seventh in the Housetrap series and almost finished with it. Had to plot a lot of this one in advance. My biggest difficulty then was coming up with a tile. I'm used to working backwards.





No comments: